When humans die:
When animals die:
When Dobby dies:
When it seems as though a bunch of plastic toys are going to die:
Pretty much this.
LOL LOL LOL. This is so incredibly true. BAHAHAHAHAA
I hope your days were filled with mountains of food, floods of drinks, and more than enough love, fun and laughter with the people who mean the most. Sending massive food-coma, not-so-sober, very-spoilt, best-day-of-the-year Christmassy hugs to you and all of your families and friends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! =)
For as long as I can remember, people have asked me “What do you want to be when you grow up?”. I made my first step towards this decision when I enrolled in a Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary BioScience at the end of Year 12, however for the past two years my response to the above question has remained as something along the lines of “Eh, I’m only 19. I’ll figure it out later”. It turns out that ‘later’ has all of a sudden become ‘now’. Uni pre-enrolment has snuck up on me, and it’s now come to the point when I have to choose the subjects that are going to determine what sort of research project I complete in fourth year, and more or less what sort of a job I can walk into when I graduate. Why does this suck you ask? BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANT TO DO.
I always thought I wanted to do conservation and save the planet one species at a time, but it turns out that conservation these days is entirely genetics based, and I’m seriously not in love with genetics at ALL. But then I guess it could maybe possibly be kinda interesting…? Learning about disease and pathology is fairly interesting too, but its all lab work and I really suck at histology. Do I want to study sheep production and wool processing? Its interesting and I love working with animals more than I love working in a lab, but seriously. They’re sheep for crying out loud. But then I love wildlife and exotic species! But there’s no jobs in a field like that! ARGH IT SHOULDN’T BE THIS HARD.
Growing up sucks.
To say that this past week and a half hasn’t been my luckiest would be an understatement.
To start with, at the VetSoc Changeover Keg on the last day before midsemester break, my backpack went missing. Inside it was my pencilcase and diary, the comfiest jeans known to mankind, my nice jacket, my IVP (NB: The hardest subject I’ve ever had to endure) notebook containing a “mid”semesters worth of notes, my dissection kit, my smelly formalin-stained labcoat, Nick’s morphsuit, my new RayBan aviators and my beloved iPod. I mean seriously, who steals a friggin backpack?! *ANGER* And even after making countless phonecalls and sending out emails and Facebook messages to anyone and everyone who could know its whereabouts, it appears that its gone for good *sigh*.
At least the impending week off from uni might soften the blow. But on Tuesday I came down with a sinus and upper respiratory tract infection, coupled with a heavy bout of asthma which I haven’t had to endure for at least the past five years. So my holiday has involved multiple trips to the doctors, cancelling two sessions of bootcamp, days of sleep, nights without sleep, cancelling a Sunday managers shift at work, bailing on a days worth of group assingment work, days where I struggled to piece a sentence together from having to stop to cough up a lung, and inducing a ridiculously immeasurable amount of drugs. So yeah, I’m sick.
I guess its a helluva lot easier to whinge and moan and bitch and complain than it is to smile about what good actually happened. To be honest, before I realised my bag had gone missing, the Changeover Keg was easily one of the best nights I’ve had in a long long time. The VetSoc committee I have the privelege to work with, despite all being stinky Vet kids (LOL KIDDING), are an absolutely awesome group of people who are lots and lots of fun, and I know that this next year is going to be EPIC because of them. Some of my best mates came along for the night as well, where many a drink and drunken photo was had, and because of this one night, I have a feeling that the VetSoc kegs will have an exponentially growing population of 2nd Year AVBS kids in attendance, which is always a good thing.
And as for my week off? Well I guess I could be annoyed at the fact that I got absolutely NO uni work done, but since we’re being honest here, I probably wouldn’t have done anything even if I’d been perfectly heathly. The weather has been shit, so I would’ve been stuck inside all week regardless. And on top of that, I spent a lot more time at home with my siblings and parents than I would’ve otherwise, and I can comfortably say that I have never in my life EVER watched so many movies in the space of a week. And hey, I guess being sick when I’ve got time off beats having to catch up on uni work that I’d miss if I were sick during the semester.
So yeah, I guess everything is always a little bit bittersweet.
But seriously, if anyones willing to contribute to the “Lets buy Tom a new iPod Foundation”, donations would be hugely appreciated. I’m kind of dying here.
Oh tumblr, I’m oh so very very sorry for neglecting you for so long. I suppose it was an inevitability, what with the ridiculous mountains of uni work I’ve been buried under all semester and the bazillion and one daily commitments I continue to pile upon myself. Here’s a quick rundown of what you may or may not have missed these past few months in the life on me.
* University is FULL ON. Its pretty much been eating my soul for the past few months. All the stuff I’m learning is really interesting and relevant (with the exception of Agricultural Economics. Beuurrghh) but my GOD its hard work. Then again, no-one ever said it’d be easy. I also got elected onto the VetSoc committee as the AVBS Representative (yeah, I was unopposed, but whatever LOL). I’m really glad I put my hand up for it because I know its going to be a lot of fun, and the team we’ve got this year is absolutely awesome.
* My sisters and mum all returned from their holiday in the US. Needless to say I’m ridiculously glad they’re home. The fact that they brought me back half a new wardrobe may or may not have something to do with this.
* I’ve started doing bootcamp three times a week with my friend (slash pretty much older sister) Kirsten. Its fairly intense and it hurts like hell, but I’ve lost 3 or 4 kgs in the past 4 weeks and for once I’m starting to really feel good about myself. And hey, come summertime imma have a summer body I won’t wanna cover up with a rashy =)
* I saw Wicked for the second and third (and final) time. If I had the money, I would’ve gladly seen it another ten times, but alas it wasn’t going to happen. That musical is seriously the best stage show I have ever ever seen, and all musicals I see from now on will be rated on a score of 1 - Wicked.
* I went with my siblings to see the first of Powderfinger’s Sunsets Farewell Tour. We were one person back from the barrier (see my previous post), dead centre, and it was awesome. We’re totally going to be on “Powderfinger: The Movie” what with the bazillion cameras taking photos and footage of us all night, I made eye contact with Bernard Fanning (whatta legend), I got one of their picks at the end of the show, and bought the live cd (which is amazing). With the exception of the crazy bitch 40 year old psycho lady who ripped the setlist that Nick caught at the end of the show, it was probably one of the best rock concerts I will ever go to. I’m so incredibly sad that they’re disbanding, but at least I have their final Sydney show on November 6th to look forward to.
So thats pretty much me for the past few months. Although I’m gonna say that I’m gonna try to make a concerted effort to stop ignoring my Tumblr, I’m not sure that thats going to be entirely possible what with my end of semester exams coming up in - oh shit. FIVE WEEKS. EEP. Apologies in advance for the impending weeks of no posts. But for now, I’m off to watch the NRL Grand Final. Go Dragons!
Tommy at the Powderfinger concert on Saturday. It was so awesome, it is so sad to see them go! =(
Hey look its me!!! =D
Oh summer, wherefore art thou?
People want to be liked. We all crave attention and affection and we all reject shame. When we get embarrassed we send a thug version of ourselves to the forefront to do our fighting for us. We’re at the top of the food chain just under fear. We don’t want to be in a relationship to hear the words “I love you,” we want to be in a relationship to say the words “I love you.” We want to feel needed, and exceptional and we hate feeling insignificant. We want to ace a hearing test. We are binary creatures; if we’re the plaintiff, we want to win every dollar. If we’re the defendant, we want guard every penny. We want to make more money than last year. We don’t want to get cancer or die in our cars and we want the same for our loved ones. We go out on weekends to try and have sex while trying not to get punched in the face. We drink so we can be ourselves and not mind it so much. We’re desperate to be understood. We want to know someone else has felt it, too. We hate being judged unfairly. We want to make the person we heard wasn’t all that into us change their minds and admit they had us wrong. We want sunny skies with a chance of killer tornadoes, just to keep music sounding good. We take hours upon hours to admit to self consciousness. We don’t know exactly how to pleasure each other. We just want love. In any and every form.
See? It’s simple. :) — John Mayer ~ http://jhnmyr.tumblr.com/
I’ve been avoiding my blog for the past two months. Why you ask? Mostly because my motivation to get fit and train for the City2Surf lasted all of one week, and by avoiding this blog, I could also avoiding having to update anyone on my progress. Now I could provide you with a million excuses, such as crappy weather preventing me from running, uni work overload or being too busy with day-to-day life, but to be completely honest, I’m just lazy. I’m not happy with myself for giving up on one of these efforts for the umpteenth time, nor am I happy with how I feel or how I look, but until I decide to change up my lifestyle I guess this is going to have to do.
Now excuse me while I get back to watching X-Men and eating my mini cheesecake bites =)